Every year the Government of India awards AYUSH Scholarship to international students for studying Ayurveda, Yoga, Unani, Siddha, and Homoeopathy courses at Indian colleges and universities. This is a fully funded scholarship for international students.
Scholarships are offered in Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery, Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery, Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicines and Surgery, B Sc in Yoga, BA (Yoga Shastra), MD Ayurveda, MD Siddha, MD Unani, MD Homoeopathy, PhD in Ayurveda, PhD in Unani courses.
AYUSH Scholarship Guideline
- Applicant should be necessarily of 18 years age at the time of admission in Indian Universities/ institutes. There is no upper age limit.
- The applicant has to apply through A2A Scholarship.
- The application will be processed only for the course applied for. No request for the change, of course, will be entertained later.
- The candidates have to fill in three choices of Universities / Institutes in the application in order of preference
- The allocation of the University will be on a first come first serve basis subject to the availability of seats.
- If no seats are available in the choice of university given by the candidate, the allocation of the University will be done by the Ministry of AYUSH in other Universities as per the availability of seats
- The medium of teaching will be English and /or Hindi
- Equivalence certificate for foreign candidates is obtained by the Ministry of AYUSH / ICCR from the Association of Indian Universities. There will be no reimbursement of the Equivalence fee paid by the scholars to AIU
- No request for transfer to University will be entertained once the admission is confirmed
- No request to transfer from University University in the middle of the session or at any stage in the middle course will be entertained.
- There is no provision for health or medical insurance for the AYUSH Scholars
- There is no provision for revival/ extension of scholarship
- Economy class Airfare by the shortest route will be provided to the scholar once at the time of admission.
- Under no circumstances, the air ticket shall be booked by the student as there is no provision for reimbursement of the air ticket to the student.
- Expenditure on laboratory, chemicals, and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars.
- Any request related to family members such as endorsement of visa, accommodation or any other assistance will not be entertained.
- Reimbursement of House Rent Allowance other allowances etc will be settled in the ongoing financial year. Request for reimbursement of allowances for previous financial year/ years will not be entertained.
- Scholars have to adhere strictly to the approved norms. If any scholar is found guilty of any anti-social activity, violation of norms, eve-teasing etc His / her scholarship will be terminated immediately and will be deported from his/ her country.
The Scholarship in India website (www.scholarshipinindia.com.bd) is a personal entity. We do not have any relation with the AYUSH or any government authority. Please do not contact us for any assistance or suggestions regarding any government scholarship-related issues including AYUSH Scholarship etc.